Mountain Splendour Eco Resort is situated in the central Drakensberg area just 2 1/2 hours drive from Durban and is one of the most beautiful camp sites in South Africa. Their website says:
“We offer a wide range of accommodation options to suit every family or group as well as the option to store your caravans or tents at Mountain Splendour – ready for a quick weekend getaway! We are the best spot for a Drakensberg Glamping, Camping or Self Catering holiday.Make yourself at home, relax and unwind amongst our beautiful trees while enjoying the spectacular views of the mountains. Let your kids go “free range” in the safety of our family farm.”
I had never been here before or even heard of it but the minute our family arrived I knew that this was a very special place. I experienced the following:
- the campsites are clean, have spectacular views and are extremely spacious
- the bathroom facilities are modern and spotless with instant hot water
- the children are safe and can play on the well equipped play area facilities; can ride bicycles all over the campsites and especially on the tracks, play tennis
- the entertainment area is a great escape if you like table tennis, pool or just want to watch tv
- the swimming pool looks like it was a piece of a river transported onto the property, so unique and inviting
- the children spend hours feeding the pot bellied pigs, donkeys, goats and horses
- the staff and service are amazing and even when we had a small issue the staff were at our campsite before we could even get back from reporting it at the office
- great places to meander nearby
- close to Monks Cowl that has stunning hikes
- the list goes on and on
If you want to just relax or need a beautiful base to explore the Drakensberg from then Mountain Splendour is the ideal place. You can either bring your own gear or get the friendly staff to supply you with everything so all you have to bring is food. Where will you spend your next holiday?
To view some more beautiful places to visit in South Africa go to here.