The importance of capturing a launch with photography & videography?
KEY Pinetown were about to launch the new Peugeot 108 and 5008 models at their branch and requested photography and videography of the event. The Peugeot head office in France needed to see footage from the event so our brief was to capture the spectacular evening and deliver a 30 second video of the event the next day; a 3 minute highlights video of the event a few days after; and of course some images the following day and then all of them shortly after as well. The client was always going to make this spectacular evening a huge success so it was up to our team to make sure that we lived up to our promises as well.
How do you film and photograph a launch successfully?
- Firstly you need to know your brief and every detail within it. Make sure that you ask the client all the necessary questions so that you have no doubt before the event what is required of you. A client is not a professional photographer or videographer so they won’t know what information you require therefor you need to ask them what is needed.
- If you need to deliver a same day edit then make sure that you have all the necessary logos and titles before the day of the event.
- Plan the shoot and know what is needed so that you don’t over shoot or on the other hand you don’t miss out anything that is important.
- After the shoot, make sure that you back up your footage to your various devices on site and off site.
- Live up to your promise of delivering on time no matter what.
To view another product launch click here